Marathon County Horticulture Services:
Garden Line Phone Service
- Do you have a question on gardening, flowers, lawn, trees or insects? Call the Garden Line at 715-261-1237 or 1-800-234-1471. A trained Master Gardener Volunteer will return your call. This service is available from May through September every year. You can also send your question(s) to us via our Garden Line Request Form.
Garden Clinic Support
- Insect and disease samples can be brought into 212 River Dr., Suite 3 in Wausau. Master Gardener Volunteers will help to identify bug and disease issues on WEDNESDAYS from 10 am—2 pm starting in May and continuing through September. No appointment is necessary to speak with a Volunteer.
- Prefer to send your message via email? Contact the North Central Wisconsin Master Gardeners at email@example.com.
Marathon County Teaching Garden
- Are you interested in learning more about gardening? Do you work with a group who would benefit from horticulture programs in our teaching garden? Contact us today to discuss how we can best meet your needs: 715-261-1241.
Horticulture Educator Services
Brianna Wright, Horticulture Educator
715-261-1241 | firstname.lastname@example.org
UW-Madison Extension Marathon County has been working on a variety of projects and programs including:
- Horticulture News & Updates on Facebook
- Marathon County’s Therapeutic Horticulture Initiative
- Informational sessions to increase awareness of therapeutic horticulture
- PATH (Providing Assistance Through Horticulture) programming to improve well-being for diverse populations in Marathon County
- Gaining Ground Gardens for inmates and individuals in addition recovery
- Lifelong Gardening Resources – Adaptive Gardening
- Youth Gardening