Extension’s mission is to connect people with the University of Wisconsin. Thanks to joining forces with UW-Madison, we’ll strengthen each other through exchanging experience and research statewide. No matter what you’re trying to accomplish in Wisconsin, you’ll find the support you need as we continue to bring our home state together, community by community.
Marathon County Core Values
- Service. We work to make the resources of the University of Wisconsin system available to the people of Marathon County. We respect the people that we serve and listen to the needs of the community. We seek to provide customer service focused on timely delivery of consistent and credible information.
- Quality. We seek continuous learning opportunities that provide the latest factual information and maintain a customer driven focus aimed at utilizing that information to produce outcomes that improve the quality of life in Marathon County.
- Shared Purpose. We work closely as a team across program areas with a shared knowledge of why we are here and what we have to offer. We have a shared understanding and commitment to make a positive difference in Marathon County.
- Integrity. We build the trust of the communities we serve in Marathon County by providing respectful forums for the inclusion of all voices and the open discussion of their differences. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of professional ethics by taking direct responsibility for our work.
- Diversity. We respect all aspects of diversity in Marathon County and we value the divergent thinking and different ways of knowing that echo from these many voices. We adjust our services to meet the changing needs of our community. We recruit and hire people with diverse backgrounds as we actively seek linkages to many audiences.
- Stewardship of Resources. We strive to build the capacity of both our staff and clientele in order to provide cost effective solutions with maximum value well into the future. We embrace a philosophy that demands personal responsibility based on sound planning for shared resources, and we reject use-it-or-lose-it fiscal policies.
Our staff of local educators deliver educational programs on a wide variety of subjects. Go to a specific Program Area (see links at upper left) for more information.
Extension & Education Committee of Marathon County Board of Supervisors
Input on program priorities is obtained from many different agencies, organizations, individuals, and processes. However, it is the Extension and Education Committee of the Marathon County Board of Supervisors that has statutory authority to “…direct and supervise the department.” In cooperation with University of Wisconsin-Extension, the committee has the responsibility to formulate and execute the local Extension program. The Extension and Education Committee is a committee of the Marathon County board and normally meets at 2 p.m. on the second Wednesday of the month.
Mission Statement (adopted by the Marathon County Executive Committee on 12/13/06)
The Marathon County Extension and Education Committee exists to promote education because we believe it is key to personal and community success.
We do this by:
- Taking/Assuming a leadership role with the County Board and other community partners in preserving and enhancing access to the resources of the public university,
- Assessing future community educational needs,
- Creating policies and strategies that accomplish this in an efficient and cost effective manner, and…
- Sustaining and growing the partnership of the County with the University of Wisconsin.
2017 Committee Membership
- Jeff Zriny, Chairperson
- Jean Maszk, Vice-Chair
- Chris Voll
- Joell Lewis
- Sara Guild
- Rick Seefeldt
- Gary Beastrom
An EEO/AA employer, University of Wisconsin-Extension provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title VI, Title IX, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.