Extension Marathon County is recognizing the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment, granting women the right to vote, in August of 2020. The following podcasts feature local historians and community leaders, examining how women’s suffrage and women first holding public office, was initially achieved, and perceived locally.
- Ben Clark, Archivist, Marathon County Historical Society
- Christine Kadonsky, Social Studies Teacher, Wausau West High School
- Chai Moua, Portage County Board Supervisor
- Heather Bruegel, Director of Cultural Affairs for the Stockbridge – Munsee Community.
- Dr. Selika Ducksworth-Lawton, Professor of History, University of Wisconsin Eau Claire