Update on 2020 LWF Experience as of April 13, 2020
We appreciate your patience regarding the status of the Leadership Washington Focus experience. Through the entire process, the health, safety and well-being of our young people and their communities was at the center of discussions and decisions and it is with great disappointment that we share that LWF 2020 is cancelled.
- We are not charging counties for the 2020 LWF experience. Checks processed prior to March 12 will be refunded, and checks received after March 12 will be voided.
- Youth who were signed up for the 2020 experience, will get priority registration this fall to enroll in the 2021 experience.
Thank you for your understanding and for registering for the 2020 Leadership Washington Focus Experience. Please contact one of us with your questions, comments or concerns
Leadership Washington Focus (LWF) is a 4-H leadership program for youth currently in grades 6-8 (2019-20 school year). The program will take place at the National 4-H Youth Conference Center, just 1 mile from the Washington, D.C. border. For more than 50 years, thousands of 4-H’ers have participated in our high school program, Citizenship Washington Focus and now we are happy to introduce its precursor for middle school 4-H’ers, LWF.
Middle school 4-H delegates will:
- Build confidence in their ability to motivate and direct others in meaningful action
- Practice effective communication with others through group discussion and public speaking
- Work with others to create and accomplish goals
- Develop an understanding of their own personal leadership style
- Exchange ideas, practice respect, and form friendships with other 4-H’ers from across the nation.
- Experience hands-on learning using the historical backdrop of Washington, D.C.
- Youth from any WI 4-H county are welcome.
- Dates of travel July 26-31, 2020 (only one session will be offered next summer)
- Total trip cost will not exceed $1400 per youth participant and includes: Round-trip transportation, Leadership Washington Focus program registration (includes lodging and meals at the 4-H Center), and some incidentals.
- Travel will be by coach bus (Alternative travel may be considered depending on group size and cost)
- LWF Trip Coordinators:
- Kaitlyn Bernarde, Marathon County 4-H Program Coordinator
- Heidi Hensel-Buntrock, Waushara County 4-H Program Coordinator
- Youth and parents will participate in a orientation session in a semi-central area prior to the trip, in person or via technology.
The attached document gives a brief overview of the experience
Contact either Kaitlyn Bernarde or Heidi Hensel-Buntrock for more information.