Leadership Washington Focus (LWF) is a 4-H leadership program for youth currently in grades 6-8 (2019-20 school year). The program will take place at the National 4-H Youth Conference Center, just 1 mile from the Washington, D.C. border. For more than 50 years, thousands of 4-H’ers have participated in our high school program, Citizenship Washington Focus and now we are happy to introduce its precursor for middle school 4-H’ers, LWF.
Middle school 4-H delegates will:
- Build confidence in their ability to motivate and direct others in meaningful action
- Practice effective communication with others through group discussion and public speaking
- Work with others to create and accomplish goals
- Develop an understanding of their own personal leadership style
- Exchange ideas, practice respect, and form friendships with other 4-H’ers from across the nation.
- Experience hands-on learning using the historical backdrop of Washington, D.C.
- Youth from any WI 4-H county are welcome.
- Dates of travel July 26-31, 2020 (only one session will be offered next summer)
- Total trip cost will not exceed $1400 per youth participant and includes: Round-trip transportation, Leadership Washington Focus program registration (includes lodging and meals at the 4-H Center), and some incidentals.
- Travel will be by coach bus (Alternative travel may be considered depending on group size and cost)
- LWF Trip Coordinators:
- Kaitlyn Bernarde, Marathon County 4-H Program Coordinator
- Heidi Hensel-Buntrock, Waushara County 4-H Program Coordinator
- Youth and parents will participate in a orientation session in a semi-central area prior to the trip, in person or via technology.
The attached document gives a brief overview of the experience
Contact either Kaitlyn Bernarde or Heidi Hensel-Buntrock for more information.