Sewing is one of the oldest 4-H projects and most popular across the country! It allows youth to learn practical skills to create apparel and home goods and repair or restore items. New to this project, is a focus on fashion and consumer science: making a budget, planning out styles, and learning more about the fashion industry. In this project you can:
- Develop skills to purchase, make, and care for clothing.
- Learn to create using a sewing machine.
- Select clothing to enhance your body type, skin tones, and personal style.
- Discover how science, engineering, and technology are a part of the industry.
- Learn about careers in the fashion and textile industry.
- and more!