Training is recommended for ALL pesticide applicators or handlers since all should have a working knowledge of pest management and safe/effective use of pesticides.
Private Applicator is defined as a person that uses or directs the use of any pesticide on property owned or rented by that person or that person’s employer for the purpose of producing an agricultural commodity.
- You must be certified to legally purchase, transport, mix and load, and apply “restricted use” pesticides.
- You can be certified by attending a formal class or by self-study (and then passing the exam.) .
- Minimum Evaluation Scores for Certification: Class Session – 50%; self-study – 70%
- Classes 9:00 – 3:00 pm. Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to starting time for registration. Classes will be in Wausau and Athens
- UW-Extension personnel proctor the test. WI Dept. of Agriculture issues the certification which is valid for five years.
- Please Contact the Marathon County Extension at 715-261-1230 if you have any questions regarding this program.
- Note: Light snacks will be served at the group class sessions.
Minimum age for certification is 16.
If you were certified in 2015 your certification expires in 2020.
PAT training manual will be mailed to you upon receipt of registration form and payment.
Bring a calculator if you wish.
Bring a photo I.D. for identification. You will not be allowed to take the test without one.
Bring your social security number; this is required by wdatcp for exam scoring purposes.
Wausau and Athens classes will start promptly at 9 am and end no later than 3 pm.
Walk-ins are not allowed at group class sessions.
Brochure can be downloaded here.
Please register below: