Extension Marathon County with the help of the Marathon County 4-H Leaders’ Federation, conduct the local 4-H program. It is responsible for carrying out organized learning experiences for 4-H members and for making improvements in the 4-H program. All leaders and interested parents are members of the Federation.
Representatives are added to the Federation each Fall at the Fall District Meeting, and serve
- Adults: three year term
- Youth: a one year term
The Executive Board is made up of members of the Federation who are elected at the November Meeting. Positions include the President, President-Elect, Secretary, and Treasurer, they are responsible for:
- The Marathon County 4-H program and the welfare of its leaders and members.
- Adopting a budget for the Marathon County Leaders’ Federation which supports 4-H activities.
- Determining the agenda for the Leaders’ Federation meetings.
The Marathon County 4-H Leaders Federation is seeking a Treasurer. This is a paid position. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- 4-H leader manage finances
- Writes checks
- Maintains records
- Creates invoices
- Communicate with Federation, accountants and Extension office.